Why do people mistreat their dogs?- No to Animal Cruelty

A caged, sad dog.
Image credit: Pixabay

I write this post because I am really concerned about certain people's habit of mistreating dogs. For example, a family in my neighborhood relocated and left a dog locked in a cage. They didn't inform anyone of their relocation. The dog, unfortunately, was left to die. And with no food or water, did.

The dog (that died caged up) left 2 pups that ran around the neighborhood and people around my street feed them from the goodness of their hearts. One pup has grown to a breeding female and recently gave birth to healthy puppies. They have been adopted and now have families to live with.

I don't understand why people who choose and decide to adopt and take care of a dog would mistreat them. DOGS ARE MAN'S BEST FRIEND. In the Philippines, dogs are adopted to guard the house, that's why they are usually called "Bantay" (guard). In this respect, since these animals give us (masters) a great service of looking after our homes while we are away (for a short period of time) or while we are asleep at night then, the least we can do as their masters feed them, give them a bath, provide them a dry place to sleep, clean their "droppings", and give them medicine when they are sick. It' s not difficult and it doesn't take a lot of our time.

I have always thought of dogs as part of the family- this is why my dogs have human names. Makes them more human than an animal for me and the love they give me in return for my care is a love that has no limits. I know they will never forget me.

Caged dogs.
Image credit: Pixabay
So why mistreat these loving and brave animals? Just because they are just plain " animals" doesn't give us humans the right to mistreat them. Just because they are animals doesn't give us the right to lock them up in cages and forget about them and leave them to die. Is a dead dog worth little? Just because it is not human? Just because it isn't human, that it can't be considered MURDER? I understand the premise. But, you are a HUMAN. You know better. Think of it this way- HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I LOCKED YOU UP IN A SMALL CAGE THAT DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE THAT YOU HAD TO LIE IN YOUR OWN FECES AND LEFT YOU WITHOUT FOOD AND WATER? How would you feel?! Tell me! I want to know because what you are doing isn't right and is just INHUMANE!

People have the capability of finding food while dogs have to scavenge. Locked dogs can't do anything. They have to wait to 'til someone comes along if, someone comes along.

God made man as a steward of his creations- to take care of the world and everything in it. Let's not mistreat our world, let's not mistreat animals. No to animal cruelty. Let's not teach our children to mistreat animals as well.

The Pinoy Inquisitor will be back in search of answers to questions that plague our society.




Comments

  1. Awwww...that's awful. I feel bad for those dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment